The Broward College 33rd Golf Classic at the Fort Lauderdale Country Club raised nearly $94,000 in support of Broward College Empowerment Fund. The Empowerment Fund provides the greatest flexibility for facilitating programming and scholarship support to benefit students, as well as enabling the College to respond to emerging critical needs to support student success.
“I am always amazed at the number of supporters who continue to join us year after year for the Broward College Golf Classic,” said longtime Golf Classic Chair Lloyd Rhodes. “They clearly believe in the College and all the good things it does for this Community! So do I!”
Winners of the Broward College 33rd Golf Classic were:
- 1st Place – LeGrand AV team: Danny Rioseco, Charles Pinchevsky, Michael Leach and Carlos Lara
- 2nd Place – LSN Partners team: George Platt, Mike Shiff, Beam Furr and Bill Murphy
- 3rd Place – The Rhodes Insurance Group team: Lloyd Rhodes, Will Holcombe, Harrison Rein and Lorne Cleaver
- Closest to the Pin – Andy Chabassol, Jim DeChant, John Wollitz and Orlando Ramirez
- Straightest Drive – Ed Ryan
- Longest Drive – Andy Chabassol
Major sponsors included: Cigna HealthCare, Fastrack MCI, CSPi, Harvard Jolly and Tropic Air .
Other sponsors were: Johnson Controls Fire Protection, LeGrand AV, UDT/HP, BRPH Architects &Engineers, The Rhodes Insurance Group, ANF Construction, AvMed, Barefoot Financial, Green Team Plumbing, Innovate Audio Visual, KEITH & Associates, LSN Partners, Pirtle Construction, Ricoh, SGM Engineering, Inc., Sharp, Soprema, State Contracting & Engineering, Thermal Concepts, United Health Care, Humana, Advanced Roofing, AVI-SPL, Consultis, Lego Construction, Miller Legg, Hotwire and Valic/AIG, as well as dozens of individual players.
Golf Classic Chair Rhodes, who also serves on the Broward College Foundation Board, led an outstanding committee, including Lorne Cleaver, Elisa Stone, Terri Justice, Jack Paltani, Daniel Riosecco, Deborah Czubkowski, Marla Stenger, Mark Van Dyke.